pump (plural pumps)
- A device for moving or compressing a liquid or gas.
- This pump can deliver 100 gallons of water per minute.
- An instance of the action of a pump; one stroke of a pump; any action similar to pumping
- It takes thirty pumps to get 10 litres ; he did 50 pumps of the weights.
- A device for dispensing liquid or gas to be sold, particularly fuel.
- This pump is out of order, but you can gas up at the next one.
- (bodybuilding) A swelling of the muscles caused by increased blood flow following high intensity weightlifting.
- (colloquial) A ride on a bicycle given to a passenger, usually on the handlebars or fender.
- She gave the other girl a pump on her new bike.
- (Obsolete American slang) The heart.
4 letters in word "pump": M P P U.
No anagrams for pump found in this word list.
Words found within pump: